For the third year running, Mazars has joined forces with Tableau, UNICEF and EDHEC to create Europe's first data visualisation contest. This is a great opportunity for students to demonstrate data savviness, develop key skills for their future career and have fun!
Student DataViz Challenge now open for registrations
How does it work?
The Student DataViz Challenge is open to all students currently enrolled in a degree-granting programme at an accredited academic institution in Europe.
Your mission? Use UNICEF’s data to extract great insights, package a creative dataviz and help contribute to its mission – promoting the rights of every child.
- Complete the registration form
- Use UNICEF data public databases, with additional dataset(s) from sources listed on this page.
- Choose a theme
- Tell us the story behind the data collected
- Download your free tableau license
- Create and submit your data visualisation between 7 March and 11 April. To submit you viz you must publish your entry to your Tableau Public Profile with the tag #StudentdataViz2023. Your entry can be a viz, dashboard or story.
Find full competition details here
What’s in it for you?
- Data is a strategic asset to create a more just and equal world. With data in the right hands, decisions can be better informed and more equitable.
- Data visualisation equips you with the skillset for a career in data science, finance, consulting, digital marketing, strategy, international organisations…
- It’s the occasion to learn, network and have fun with data!
And there’s some great prizes to be won, of which:
- Tickets to Europe’s biggest tech event Vivatech 2023 in Paris,
- Job application tips & tricks session with our Mazars HR specialists,
- An interview with UNICEF for a paid Data Visualisation internship!
What’s the timeline?
- Submit your dataviz by publishing your entry to your Tableau Public Profile with the tag #StudentdataViz2023 by the 11 April
- Top 10 finalists will be announced by jury beginning May 2023
- 12 May 2023: join us for the grand final in Paris! Top 10 to pitch their viz before the jury for a chance to win.
Join our webinar 27 March at 1pm about maximising business insight with data visualisation.
Claire Cizaire, Mazars’ Group Chief Technology and Innovation Officer, and Westley Birmingham, Data Scientist at Mazars, share their dataviz top tips and the reasons you should participate now: